My top 10 things to watch on Friday 28th April
1. Amazonia (AMZN) is a complicated beast. Just as many initiatives are starting to pay off (same day, better groceries, ancillaries) and costs are being held back across the board, web services growth slows to 16%, and we learned April slowed to 11%. %. The company considers stopping there due to the use of Artificial Intelligence and Generative AI. Shares in the Amazon club initially rose after the quarterly earnings release late Thursday. But cloud concerns have changed that. Shares were down about 3% early Friday.
2. besieged intel (INTC) telling you that their roadmap is finally intact and that the 4th generation Xeon processor is doing well. Intel Foundry Services (chip factory) signs big deal with Arm. High-speed semiconductor ramp. Dow stock was up 6%, though the first-quarter loss was larger than expected, but revenue beat.
3. THE DowTHE S&P 500 and the Nasdaq they are set for a smaller aperture. Wall Street’s rally on Thursday pushed equity benchmarks just into positive territory for the week before Friday’s session. The Fed’s preferred inflation gauge for March rose 0.3%, as expected. But that means inflation remains sticky. Another quarter-point increase in the central bank’s interest rate still seen as a blocker at the May meeting. Even if the market odds are almost 70% for a June suspension. Could be a great weekend for Bank of the First Republic(FRC) seeking help from industry as he struggles for survival.
4. Multiple increases in price targets for the industrial and engineering gas giant Linde (LIN) after Thursday’s strong quarter. Barclays and JPMorgan both raise their PTs to $400 a share and both maintain their overweight (buy) valuations. The best industrial game? The stock is close to an all-time high. The Club has increased our PT to $390 and maintains our 1 rating.
5. caterpillar (CAT) is structurally better. It was down in quarters like this, but return on capital and inventories are fine; public spending on infrastructure has not yet started; Not even China yet. Dow stock and the Club name came under pressure early Friday after closing only slightly lower, recovering from earlier steep losses as the market moved higher on Thursday.
6. Club estate treasure (HON) gets price target hikes from Citi to $242 a share and Mizuho to $225. Both are holding buy ratings. Analysts at both companies appreciated Honeywell’s quarterly pace and increased guidance.
7. Multiple price targets increase and Wall Street firms continue to buy ratings on Club stock Eli Lilly (LILY). Cantor Fitzgerald PT moves to $485 a share from $432. Thursday first quarter mixed, but full-year outlook improved. Positive Obesity Trial Data for Mounjaro. Seeking US regulator approval for weight loss. Mounjaro is already off to a flying start with type 2 diabetes. The stock closed Thursday at a record high of $390.35.
8. Big Oil: ExxonMobile (XOM) with EPS of $2.83 versus $2.63 expected and revenue of $86.5 billion versus $84.55 billion expected. Chevrons (CVX) also beats on EPS of $3.55 versus $3.40 expected and revenue of $48.8 billion versus $48.6 billion expected.
9. JPMorgan analyst Matt Boss begins covering cruise line stock with active overnight (buy) ratings Real Caribbean (RCL) e Norwegian Cruise Line (NCH); neutral (press and hold). Carnival (CCL). Record wave season from January to March. “Broad-based demand across customer segments,” Boss said.
10. Boston beer (SAM) just a terrible number — a much larger-than-expected first-quarter loss and revenue that was also below estimates. So bad execution. In beer, we like and own the manufacturer Corona, Modelo and Pacifico Constellation marks (STZ).
(Jim Cramer’s Charitable Trust is long AMZN, LIN, CAT, HON, LLY, STZ. See Here for a complete listing of stock.)
As a subscriber to the CNBC Investing Club with Jim Cramer, you will receive a trade alert before Jim makes a trade. Jim waits 45 minutes after sending a trade alert before buying or selling a stock in his charity’s portfolio. If Jim mentioned a stock on CNBC TV, he waits 72 hours after issuing the trade alert before executing the trade.